Monday, July 1, 2013

PLein Air Easton is Here once again!






For my fourth year in a row, I have been selected to compete in the Plein air Easton Competition. I consider this the premier plein air painting event in the country and is always an exciting and creative time for me. As I am a professional illustrator with a full time job, I really only have the opportunity to do one of these events per year, and if you have to pick just one...Easton is surely the best pick!

I try to plan my strategy and approach very carefully and build on my experiences of past years. Since you need to bring everything with you to create and frame ten pieces, it is a lot to organize.

Watercolor is not the most forgiving technique for plein air. While it may seem simple, the logistics of creating a large scale piece in the heat and humidity of Easton has proved to be a formidable task.

As I seem to have finally figured out how to load thing onto this blog, I plan to show my progress this year in Easton, every evening of the event, so stay tuned! In the meantime, I will load up abunch of paintings and sketches from my sketchbook for you to take a look at.

Tell me what you think!

HEre are some photos from last years Quick Draw in Easton where it poured!! I still managed to get it sold!




No comments:

Post a Comment